This EU-funded project addresses scenario-based licensing for stakeholders in the IP value chain. The project is developing a toolbox and an associated training program to support licensing in three key situations:
- Classical+: licensing that encompasses a broader range of modern intangible assets, ongoing advances in technology and the development of new business models and to encourage more licensing of company assets to demonstrate Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and to comply with ESG (Environmental Social Governance);
- Crisis: supporting rapid voluntary licensing under different legislative regimes and standard and non-standard conditions.
- Co-creation: for complex partnerships with multiple owners and diverse licensing objectives.
To help define the tool-box IMPAC3T IP are setting up 3 Special Interest groups (SIGs) to help map the processes from IP creation towards licensing and define intervention points that would benefit from a supporting ‘tool’.
They are seeking a total of 45 individuals (15 for each SIG) with significant hands on experience of one or more of the scenarios outlined above. Individuals will be selected based on their proven experience.
The profile sought is that of:
- · a licensing professional with experience of licensing beyond traditional scenarios
- · interested in bringing new tools to the profession
- · able to find a total of 12 (remunerated) hours over the next 12-18 months to join a Special Interest Group
Each SIG will be gender, geographically and quad helix balanced.
- The SIGs will meet virtually 2-3 times for between two and three hours in 2024.
- They will be invited to pilot new tools on the project platform and provide feedback to the project team to enable improvements in 2025.
- Total involvement will not exceed a total of 12 hours and will be remunerated at the standard EU expert rate (450 Euros/day).
- SIG members will be invited to join the fully subsidised IMPAC3T-IP Academy training in 2026 and gain a certification as a ‘user’ or ‘trainer’.
- Over 7 years of experience of licensing IP assets.
- Demonstrable experience of working to transfer technology through licensing under one or more of the scenarios outlined above.
- An interest in sharing knowledge and helping to define new licensing tools.
IMPAC3T-IP will be selecting the 45 individuals from different sources and from the partners by the end of February and will let all applicants know by email.
For additional information contact Dr. Lisa Cowey the IMPAC3T-IP Technical Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org