Europe’s premier association of Knowledge Transfer professionals
Knowledge Transfer is defined as a set of activities, processes and skills that enable partners to collaborate closely to advance ideas that deliver commercial, environmental, cultural and societal benefits.
Our mission is the promotion and professionalisation of knowledge transfer practice and practitioners. ASTP strives to shape the future profession of knowledge and technology transfer while increasing the attraction and credibility of the profession.
Who we are?
ASTP is a non-profit member’s organisation committed to knowledge transfer among universities and industry. Our focus is to further improve the quality of impact that public research has on the economy and society.
Established in 2000 by a group of leading practitioners, ASTP’s focus is to provide outstanding training and practice that supports member’s special interest, to advocate for the profession on the international stage and enable the building of professional networks.
What we do
- Train KT professionals and help sustain their professional development
- Offer internationally recognised professional accreditation
- Produce international networking events
- Increase the efficiency of the European innovation system
- Advocate for the profession on the international stage
- Give a platform to members’ ideas through Special Interest Groups
- Unite European National Associations under the auspices of the NAAC
Our services reflect the needs of our members and the wider knowledge transfer sector. We develop and produce training courses, support members special interest, advocate for the profession on the international stage and support the building of professional networks.