During 2021 a group of professionals new to knowledge transfer joined their resources to form this new ASTP Special Interests Group (SIG).
This New Professionals SIG will be a landing point for individuals that are new to the field of Knowledge Transfer (KT) and Technology Transfer (TT) or that are already in technology transfer but transitioning into a new position or looking for ways to further their professional development. It would be a place to network, expand one’s understanding about the different areas within KT and learn new or develop on existing skills relevant to this profession. We want to provide a supportive, interactive, and educational environment for this group.
Who is it for and who should join?
The New Professionals SIG is open for individuals who are:
- Looking to transfer into KT
- New to the field of KT
- Already in KT but are transitioning into a new role
- Wishing to build on and diversify their experience within the field
- Wishing to network with other KT professionals
- Wishing to share their experience within the field
- Team leaders who want to provide professional development opportunities for their staff.
Why join and what are the benefits of joining this SIG?
- KT is a broad area encompassing a diverse set of roles. The SIG will help new professionals in navigating the complex KT landscape by providing information such as:
- What are the different roles within KT?
- What prior experience would be required to transition into your role of interest?
- How to land your dream role within KT?
- Career planning within KT?
- What is RTTP and the support required to achieve it?
- The development resources that are available.
- The SIG will provide a unique networking opportunity for individuals at various stages in their KT career to come together and support one another in entering into or progressing within the field.
- The SIG will constantly provide new insights for professional development opportunities in the KT field on every level.
- The SIG will help team leaders choosing the right programmes and routes for their staff
Read more here