Technology transfer is the business of selling new technologies to companies that can make products or services from them.
Technology transfer is the business of selling new technologies to companies that can make products or services from them. Our challenge is to identify potential licensees and negotiate a balanced license agreement - which involves a lot more than just agreeing a royalty rate. The process is not inherently complex – but there are many good practices and strategies to learn (and bad ones to avoid).
In this highly interactive course, we will explore the many different facets of the licensing process through case studies, teamwork and workshops. You will learn from experienced practitioners; those who have negotiated many complex license agreements. You will meet both academic and industry counterparts to understand their different perspectives on licensing technologies.
• How to market technologies to attract and secure potential licensees
• How to value Intellectual Property
• including patents to prepare for a negotiation
• What to do when things go wrong
• How to negotiate licences to ensure a win-win situation
• Marketing Intellectual Property
• Valuing patents and other IP
• Negotiating a licence
• Post-deal management
• Handling difficult situations
Venue - Grandium Hotel Prague
Politickych veznu 913/12, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic
Room Rate at Grandium Hotel Prague
Singe occupancy : €160.00 per night inclusive of breakfast
- Local Tourist Tax 1,32€ per person/day not included
- Participants should make their booking through hotel website
- The above rate is per room, per night including buffet breakfast, access to high-speed internet free of charge, free use of coffee & tea making facilities and 10% VAT. City tax is excluded and will be charged at approx. 2 € / person/ day stayed - always calculated per current exchange rate.
- The rate is valid for the specific dates of the event only(13-16 September 2022). Any reservations received for guests wishing to arrive earlier or depart later than the outlined room block is based on space and rates in sale availability basis for such nights, negotiated group rate is not guaranteed off contracted block of rooms/nights.