CURRENT KNOWLEDGE TRANSFER VACANCIES
Administrative Member of Staff
at the University Office Research Services and Career Development
Reference number: 10713
The Technology Transfer Office (TTO) team of the University of Vienna within the DLE Research Services and Promotion of Young Researchers supports the transfer of knowledge and new technologies of the University to possible applications, usually through industrial partners in Austria and abroad.
What we offer:
- Diverse and interesting challenges within one of Europe’s largest universities.
- An open, friendly, flexible and international work environment
- A salary commensurate with skills and experience (in accordance with the University’s collective bargaining agreement)
- An opportunity to expand and deepen your knowledge in the field of technology transfer in the context of the University of Vienna.
Duration of employment: 1 year/s
Extent of Employment: 40 hours/week
Job grading in accordance with collective bargaining agreement: §54 VwGr. IVa with relevant work experience determining the assignment to a particular salary grade.
To expand the team, we are looking for a member of staff to support the team in the field of technology transfer in a variety of tasks, including:
- Evaluation of new technologies, in particular in the field of biology including related scientific fields (pharmacy, life sciences, etc.)
- Participation in the strategic management of the intellectual property portfolio of the University of Vienna
- Contract negotiations and industrial marketing of university technologies in collabortation with the legal team
- Communication with funding bodies (e.g. FFG, AWS)
- Examination of offers and communication with patent attorneys
- Support of researchers in planning and implementation of cooperative projects in the field of applied and contract research
- Close cooperation with internal legal team in matters related to research and technology transfer, including negotiation and management of technology licence agreements
- Support the transfer of knowledge and new technologies of the University to possible applications, usually through industrial partners in Austria and abroad.
- Contributing to policy development in the context of knowledge exchange and technology transfer for the University of Vienna
This is initially a position for 12 months with the option to extend the contract
- University degree in Life Sciences or related fields
- Experience in the field of technology transfer in academia or in a related function in industry
- Knowledge of IP; ideally experience in managing complex IP issues
- Experience negotiating technology transfer licencing agreement
- Excellent time management skills with ability to deliver to demanding deadlines
- Team player; client-oriented with good interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and spoken English. German skills would be advantageous.
- Experience in project management and/or in cooperation with companies is desirable
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 15.04.2020, mentioning reference number 10713.
For further information please contact Zinner, Lucas +43-1-4277-18224, Withnell, Thomas +43-1-4277-18245.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity (http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.