This course will guide you through the basic processes of technology transfer – from receiving and evaluating an invention disclosure to pitching for investment, and negotiating deals. You will learn from experienced technology transfer professionals
This three-day course is for people relatively new to technology and knowledge transfer with less than two-years’ experience. The course is developed for professionals, from both public and private institutions, entrepreneurs and consultants. Designed for those working within a university TTO / KTO,linked directly or indirectly to technology transfer activities and wishing to learn more about knowledge and technology transfer.
This is a great way to develop a strong foundation of knowledge if you wish to advance your career. Many TTO/KTO professionals have benefited from this powerful professional development launch pad.
- A broad overview of the fields covered by Knowledge Transfer Officers and offices;
- Cover the basic output of a KTO / TTO;
- Gain insights into patenting and patent evaluation, and the licensing process;
- Develop the rudimentary tools for dealing with inventions, inventors, licensees, founders and potential cooperation partners;
- Increase knowledge on setting up a spin-off company, including the broad financing possibilities;
- Tips and tricks on negotiation a successful deal (with a collaboration partner, a spin off or a licensee)
- Evaluation of exploitation strategy and options
- Patenting: what you should know
- Introduction to licensing
- Introduction to academic spin-offs
- Basics of spin-off financing
- Technology transfer through research collaborations
- Collaboration and negotiation strategies
Venue - Artis Centrum Hotel
Totorių g. 23, Vilnius LT-01120, Lithuania
The training will be at Artis Centrum Hotels Vilnius.
Standard single room : €60.00 per night
Standard double room for single use : €64.00 per night
Standard double room for double use : €72.00 per night
Executive room : €85.00 per night
All rates include breakfast (hot buffet), VAT, internet: WiFi and LAN, usage of fitness room FOC 24 hours, coffee/tea in the room.
Not included: city tax – €1.00 per person per night
For reservation, kindly email email@example.com and state ASTP2023 in the subject