The European Commission’s IP Booster: Smart, expert IP advice for public research organisations
The European Commission is funding a service to provide specialised, professional IP advice to European Universities and Public Research Organisations.
- Generating high-quality research, and eager to improve its impact on the market?
- Trying to better address IP issues associated with commercialisation?
- Searching for experts who can help you develop a successful intellectual property strategy?
The European Commission’s IP Booster is a free service designed to help you address these challenges. Our carefully selected IP, technology and business strategy experts can examine your research and guide your teams to develop the best intellectual property strategies for your organisation.
We can help you:
- Determine what type and what amount of IP protection you need for your project’s intellectual assets, and whether you need to acquire rights to third party IPRs
- Design a patent landscape so that you can clearly identify which commercialisation pathways are best for your research
- Conduct a thorough due diligence assessing the quantity and quality of IP assets generated by your project and estimate their future value
- Prepare your project’s patent, design and trademark applications
- Provide advice and support in negotiating technology transfer agreements
Together, we’ll make sure that your research has the best chance of achieving commercial success, at no extra cost to you.
The German Cancer Research Centre found that the advice they received from IP Booster helped them to negotiate extra funding, and helped them to realise the value of their technologies. Read what their Licensing Manager, Svetlana Semykina, had to say about the services they received here: https://ipbooster.meta-group.com/news/details/1
To receive the IP Booster support, you’ll need to apply using the IP Booster service website. We won’t be able to help every public research organisation who would like to make use of these services, so please check below if you are eligible. The calls are continuously open, and the next round of applications ends in mid-February. Find out more about the application process and the services here and download an application form here.
Eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The application must originate from a European University or Public Research Organisation
- The applicant’s university or organisation must have a PIC (Participant Identification Code)
- You must not be able to secure similar IP services at national level
A member of your research group, or your Technology Transfer Office can apply for the IP Booster services, and these IP support services will be available until December 2021. For upcoming calls and FAQs please check our website regularly.
Please address any additional queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you,
The IP Booster Team – META Group & ClearViewIP